William Mattar’s Safe Ride Home 4 the Holidays
December is National Impaired Driving Prevention Month
December is a time of year filled with holiday cheer with celebrations that often include alcohol or other impairing substances. Sadly, the days between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day have become one of the deadliest and most dangerous times on America’s roadways due to an increase in impaired driving. When a driver is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both, it significantly delays their reaction times and impairs judgment, which may result in deadly consequences.
To help people celebrate smart on New Year’s Eve, William Mattar, P.C. will be giving away Uber Ride Discount Vouchers to the first eligible 1,000 people who register.
Registrations have closed.
Celebrate Safely on New Year’s Eve with an Uber Ride Discount Voucher from William Mattar, P.C.
As you prepare for New Year’s Eve, include plans for safe rides. Schedule ride sharing or choose a designated driver in your group to get you home safely. Since 2007, William Mattar has been helping the community get home safely. Formerly Safe & Sober New Year’s Eve, the Safe Ride Home 4 the Holidays program gives you an opportunity to register for a $20 Uber voucher that loads directly into your Uber account. No receipts to submit for reimbursement. Thousands have requested safe rides from William Mattar and now it’s your turn. A smart and easy way to celebrate safely, simply register below, check your email for instructions, then schedule your Uber ride! We want you to enjoy this New Year’s Eve and many, many more to come.
See Terms and Conditions for complete program details.
(1) Must be a minimum age of 21 and a New York State resident to enter.
(2) Submission period for the William Mattar, P.C. Safe Ride Home 4 the Holidays program begins on December 18, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. EST and ends on December 28, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. EST or until all Uber ride discount vouchers have been claimed by program registrants. All registrations must be submitted through www.williammattar.com. William Mattar, P.C. reserves the right to reject or remove any registrant for any reason.
(3) Upon entry, registrants will ultimately receive an email from Uber with a link and instructions on how to claim their Uber ride discount voucher $20.00 (twenty dollar) value to be applied towards a ride booked through Uber valid ONLY from 8pm on December 31, 2023, through 8am on January 1, 2024. ONLY One (1) Uber ride discount voucher will be awarded per email address and per household. Fraudulent submissions may disqualify associated persons from eligibility and invalidate Uber ride discount voucher.
(4) Registrants must provide a valid email address upon registration. Registrant is then responsible for booking their Uber ride and applying the $20.00 (twenty dollar) ride discount voucher towards the total cost of their ride. William Mattar, P.C. cannot be held responsible for technical issues associated with registering for the program, redeeming the ride discount voucher or scheduling/completing a ride.
(5) The William Mattar Safe Ride Home 4 the Holidays program is only available to residents of New York State and for rides originating and completed within New York State. Please see William Mattar Safe Ride Home 4 the Holidays Terms and Conditions for restrictions and complete program rules.
William Mattar is serious about safety. Be aware of the dangers of driving while impaired and how you can decrease your risk of becoming a statistic.
December is National Impaired Driving Prevention Month, a time to educate drivers about the consequences of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Law enforcement agencies also increase patrols and checkpoints to prevent drunk driving. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation:
• In 2021, over 13,384 people lost their lives due to alcohol-related driving traffic incidents in the U.S. Sadly, this was a 14% increase from 2020.
• Even a small amount of alcohol can affect driving ability. In 2020, there were 2,041 people killed in alcohol-related crashes where a driver had a BAC of .01 to .07 g/dL. Learn more about the effects and levels of BAC.
• In New York State slightly more than 30% of the fatal crashes are alcohol related.
• Nationally, over the past 5 years, an average of 300 people died each year in drunk driving crashes the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
• Alcohol impaired fatalities make up more than a quarter of all crash fatalities.
• In every state, it’s illegal to drive drunk, yet one person was killed in a drunk driving crash every 39 minutes in the United States in 2021.
At William Mattar law offices we want everyone to be safe when celebrating the holidays with friends and family. Please do not drink and drive. If your holiday plans involve consuming alcohol, plan to get home safely. Choose a designated driver, call a sober friend, call a taxi, or a ride share service to get you to your destination.
DRUNK DRIVING CAN DESTROY LIVES
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a serious crime with fines and penalties associated with each conviction. Judgment, coordination, and ability to drive a vehicle becomes impaired after consuming any amount of alcohol.
According to the DMV, penalties for alcohol and drug-related violations can be very serious. Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (.18 BAC or higher) can result in a jail term of one year, second and third offenses potentially resulting in sentences of four and seven years, respectively. Of course, penalties include mandatory fines and license revocation.
A suspended license can be reissued after the suspension period is over, but not before driving classes (taken at your expense), monetary fees, and retaking your driver’s test.
A DWI conviction may always haunt you. When you get your driver’s license back, it may be difficult to get automobile insurance at a reasonable cost. If you plan on applying for a job that involves driving, you may not get a job offer.
The penalties in New York State for repeat DWI offenders get increasingly stricter. The bottom line: driving while under the influence of alcohol, no matter how little you think you may have consumed, is just not worth it.
If you or a loved one was struck by a drunk driver, call the personal injury lawyers at William Mattar today at (844) 243-9752. Our drunk driving accident lawyers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you in any way possible.
Stay safe and plan ahead:
According to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, The level of alcohol impairment depends on five conditions:
• The amount of alcohol you drink
• The amount of food you eat before or while you drink alcohol
• The length of time you drink alcohol
• Your body weight
• Your gender
There is no quick method to become sober. The best method is to wait until your body absorbs the alcohol. The average rate that your body processes alcohol is approximately one drink per hour. If you plan on drinking, don’t drive. If you do drink, consider asking a sober friend to drive you to your destination, call a taxi, or a ride share service.
DWI AND BUFFALO ROAD CONDITIONS
The combination of drunk driving and winter weather can be extremely dangerous. Impaired drivers may lose their ability to assess road conditions and handle problems that arise due to icy roads and poor visibility.
The U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, reports that most drunk driving accidents occur after 9:00 pm and peak between midnight and 4:00 am. Drivers under the influence of alcohol will drive too slow, too fast, swerve back and forth or even drive the wrong way. Head-on collisions due to drunk drivers going the wrong way are among the worst type of accident, often resulting in severe injuries and fatalities. In addition, drunk drivers can cause multiple car pileups if they are driving recklessly on highways or interstates and attempt to change lanes without looking behind them.
We strongly believe in staying safe when deciding to go out and celebrate the holidays. That’s why the William Mattar Safe Ride Home 4 the Holidays program is designed with one goal in mind – to prevent impaired driving. If you do not have a designated driver, consider using a rideshare service, or register to get your $20 Uber rider share voucher to use towards your safe ride home.
Drunk driving is against the law, and William Mattar encourages you to drink responsibly and be safe and responsible drivers. Let’s all get home safe for the holidays.