May 5, 2023
If you’re on TikTok, you’ve probably heard of William Mattar. He’s a New York State car accident lawyer who recently tried his hand at making the viral Million-Dollar Spaghetti recipe that has taken TikTok by storm. In this blog post, we’ll show you how you, too, can make it!
Viral TikTok Million-Dollar Spaghetti is delicious and easy to make. With its combination of marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, and cheese, it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who loves comfort food.
Here’s how to make it.
1 box of spaghetti
1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 pound of ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 stick of butter
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Start boiling water for the pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef and season to your liking with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Drain the grease from the pan. (William Mattar uses a paper towel to soak up the grease.)
- Add chopped peppers and onions to the pan and cook until soft, then mix with the ground beef.
- Pour a jar of spaghetti sauce into the pan with the meat, peppers, and onions and allow the mixture to simmer on low.
- Melt a stick of butter in a separate pot while the meat sauce simmers.
- Add one teaspoon of store-bought minced garlic (or a lot more, if you’re like William Mattar) to the pot with butter.
- After a minute or two, add two cups of heavy cream to the butter/garlic mixture, along with salt and pepper to taste, and allow the sauce to thicken while stirring it frequently.
- Once the sauce is thick, stir two cups of shredded parmesan cheese into the pot until it melts.
- Add one box of spaghetti to the boiling water if you haven’t done so already and cook to your liking.
- Put the cooked spaghetti on the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the spaghetti.
- Pour the meat sauce over the spaghetti.
- Top everything with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the casserole uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Why it’s Called Million-Dollar Spaghetti
You might be wondering why William Mattar’s spaghetti recipe is called Million-Dollar Spaghetti. According to some sources, the dish gets its name from its rich taste. Others speculate the name comes from the dish’s using a variety of expensive ingredients, such as multiple types of cheese and high-quality sauces.
How to Add Your Own Spin to the Recipe
One of the great things about this recipe is that it’s highly customizable. Here are a few ideas for how you can make it your own:
- Use various types of meat. Instead of ground beef, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or pork. Or you can use sausage or meatballs.
- Add vegetables. You can add vegetables to the spaghetti sauce to make it more nutritious. Some good options are onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, and zucchini.
- Try several types of cheese. You can experiment to find your favorite combination. For example, you can try using provolone, fontina, or Gouda in place of some of the other cheeses.
- Use several types of pasta: If you’re not a fan of spaghetti, you can try using a different type of pasta, such as penne or rigatoni.
We hope this blog post has inspired you to try making this recipe for yourself and to experiment with different variations to make it your own!